Eyelash perm and eyelash lift both are cosmetic treatments of eyelashes. If you want to give your eyelashes a whole new look then you are in the right place.
Because in this article, all the small details about the eyelash perm and eyelash lift are given.
Because of the perming and lifting process, you do not need to use mascara to make your eyelashes thick and long.
Also, if you use an eyelash extension then the perming process is here to remove the lash extension from your daily makeup routine.
Want to know more?
Moreover, you do not need to carry an eyelash curler for your eyelashes. Because with the help of the perming process. This article gives you all the necessary information about eyelash perm vs eyelash lift.
So do not worry if you hear these words for the first time or do not know much about them.
Without wasting time, let’s jump into eyelash perm introduction.
What is an Eyelash Perm?
Eyelash perm is a cosmetic procedure that straightens the eyelashes. There are two more names of eyelash perm such as permanent relaxer, and eyelash permanent wave. Only licensed cosmetologists are allowed to do this procedure using hair perming technology.
In this cosmetic procedure, hairs are wind around a rod. The shape of the rod is cylindrical. As a result, eyelashes have become curled for a long time.
Eyelash perm is recommended to those women who have long eyelashes. Because this process will reduce the length and gives a nice curl. Moreover, people with wide eyes should try this.
Eyelash Perming Process:
In the perming process, glue is used to stick your eyes with a sponge rod. Then a perming solution is applied to the eyelashes and left for 15 minutes so that the solution sets perfectly.
After the time is over, a neutralizer is applied on the lashes for almost 10 to 15 minutes.
The last step of this process is to apply a nourishing oil. It helps to remove the glue that is used to place the lashes on the sponge rod.
When the rod is removed, apply 2 to 3 drops of oil to clean your lashes to make sure there is no glue left. This procedure takes almost 30 to 45 minutes to give you natural curly eyelashes.
Eyelash perm not just makes your eyelashes curly but also produces a shine and makes them soft. Moreover, it makes your lashes thicker.
How Much It Costs?
The complete process of Eyelash perm takes almost 45 minutes and costs between a range of $25 to $70.
An Alternative of Eyelash Perm:
A plastic instrument like a lash curler can also be used to perform perm lashes. This is an easy process and takes a very short time. You place this instrument at the lash base.
Then pinches it in an upward direction and that’s it, the process is done. You get the curly eyelashes in just a few seconds.
What to Expect?
Here are the following things that you should expect from the eyelash perming process:
- On your upper eyelids, glue is applied with the help of a brush. The glue helps to place your lashes on the sponge rod and protect your skin from the perm solution.
- Against your lash line, a sponge rod is a place. This is the exact position between your lashes and upper lid so that the rod will not touch your skin.
- While the perm solution is applied to your lashes, you are asked to close your eyes. So that solution will not enter into your eyes and can be easily applied with the help of a brush to all hairs.
- For about 15 minutes, your eyelashes and roller are covered in a plastic wrap. So that solution can easily break down the disulfide bond in your lashes.
- Your lashes are brushed with a tiny comb around the rod to make sure that you get a beautiful curl after applying an activating solution. Your broken disulfide bonds are rebuild and locks in your curl with the help of this solution.
- When your eyes are covered in a plastic wrap you have to wait for another 15 minutes.
- When both the solutions complete their work remove them with oil or cold water.
- A conditioner is applied after your lashes are separated with a small comb.
Pros of an Eyelash Perm:
- The process takes 30 to 45 minutes for completion.
- The minimum cost of Eyelash perming is $30 that can increase to $75.
- The result lasts up to 2 to 3 months
- The whole process is done in a Spa by experts. Also, every product is from the original brand. Moreover, every member of a salon is licensed.
- The eyelashes will remain soft, shiny, and curly from 4 weeks to at least 3 months.
Cons of an Eyelash Perm:
- You need to protect your eyelashes from water to keep them dry. It means you can not put on mascara on your eyelashes
- Use an eyelash conditioner to protect your lashes from becoming dry and hard
- After the treatment, you can not use an eyelash curler
- There are more chances that your eyelashes will fall out
What is an Eyelash Lift?
Eyelash lift is also a cosmetic process that is used to lift your lashes from the base. Only expert and licensed beauticians are allowed to do this treatment.
It uses the same chemical solution that is used in the perming process. Instead of a spongy rod eyelash lift use a more efficient device.
Pros of an Eyelash Lift:
- You get a cool mascara look on your eyelashes without the fear of smearing, fallout, or smudging.
- It makes your eyes open and makes eyelashes longer. Without the use of any eyelash extension, you get along and healthy eyelash.
- It takes the same time of 45 minutes to complete the process as the perming process takes. But it lasts longer than eyelash perm.
- You do not need to add mascara to your daily makeup routine. But to make your lashes healthier you can add a layer of mascara.
Cons of an Eyelash Lift:
- The cost of a lash lift is $175 and a tint is $45. This makes this whole process more costly.
- You have to close your eyes during the complete process and it does not hurt. You just might feel uncomfortable sometimes because some people have sensitive eyes. This process is so relaxing that many people fall asleep.
- Keep them dry in the first 24 hours after the treatment.
- The treatment duration varies according to the type of skin. If you have oily skin then the process takes less time. But if you have dry skin then you need to use nourishing oils to keep your skin soft.
What’s the Difference?
In a comparison of eyelash perm vs eyelash lift, both use the same chemical solutions.
But some things make them different.
Because chemical solutions are involved in both the processes so there is a little risk in both the eyelash perm vs eyelash lift process.
The first side effect is that chemicals can sting around the eyes and there are high chances that your eyelashes might get damaged. The US FDA approves every treatment for hairs. But not around the eyes yet.
There is a high risk that chemicals might affect your eyes by doing allergic reactions or irritates the skin. You can also get dermatitis.
It is the skin condition in which the skin becomes red and starts to swell. Moreover, it causes blisters when the eyelash lifting solution enters your eyes or fell in the near area.
To avoid all these issues look for an expert that can do these treatments without any mistake and also your skin not get affected in any way. It is a good idea to do a patch test if you are allergic to makeup products or have sensitive skin.
Like many other lash-enhancing treatments Eyelash perming and lifting are not approved by the FDA. If you do not use any makeup product around the eyes then do not go for lifting treatment too quickly.
Take out some time to think about it. We all know that the lips and eyes are the most sensitive areas of the face.
We have to be more careful about these before applying any product. Because every product contains chemicals and any chemical can react to the skin. The reaction can cause many harmful effects like irritation and redness on the skin.
If you do not want these harmful reactions then consult a certified and licensed technician.
Make sure that the technician knows all details about the eyelash perm vs eyelash lift process. So that they use an appropriate amount of products that do not react with your skin.
In a comparison of eyelash perm vs eyelash lift, both processes do an amazing job. Eyelash lift makes your lashes longer and shinier within 30 to 45 minutes. The result lasts longer than 3 months. Also, you need to take less care of lashes.
If you have a busy schedule and do not have time to do self-care then the lifting process is the best option for you. Moreover, you can make eyelashes curly to give your eyes a whole new look with the help of lifting.
With the help of perming, you can make your long lashes curly. It gives your eyes a natural curl look that lasts for 3 months. After the treatment, you do not need to use any curler. This process is affordable due to its price range between $30 to $70.
As both the treatments are risky so make sure that you select a good technician to do your eyelash extension. An eyelash perm vs eyelash lift both processes are is painless. During the treatment, you feel so relaxed that you can even sleep.
It is important to know the difference between eyelash perm vs eyelash lift so that you can select the one according to your requirement.