Eyelash Serum DIY Recipes for Serious Eyelash Repair
The eyes are the windows to your soul, and framing those windows are your beautiful eyelashes. That’s why it’s so important to keep them strong, healthy, silky, and well-nourished.
Just like the hair on your head, your lashes need conditioning and sometimes, a rescue treatment.
Lashes can suffer because of the cold, because of sun damage, because of harsh products, waterproof mascara, makeup remover, etc. Really, a host of things can damage this delicate yet oh so important fringe of hair.
So when your lashes need a little help, where do you turn? Well, there’s nothing quite like a trusty eyelash serum to help undo the damage.
But as all of us know, beauty habits can cost a pretty penny and lash serums are no exception – these indulgences can be expensive, which is why it’s worth looking into some DIY alternatives. It’s easy to create your own conditioning eyelash serum – and here are some great recipes to use!
Now, your serum can have different properties, like growth, nourishment, strengthening and so on. And sure, an eyelash serum DIY recipe may take some time but the best part about creating your own repair serum is that you can customize them.
Most of the DIY recipes below have multiple ingredients that promote several of these aspects so pick and choose to your heart’s content!
Eyelash Serum DIY Recipe #1. Castor and Emu Oil Serum
This recipe has growth as a primary purpose. Here are the ingredients you need:
- Castor oil – shop it here! Castor oil is the main ingredient here, because of its growth properties. Castor oil is a natural way of giving your lashes the vitamins, proteins, and Omega-6 fats.
- Emu oil – shop it here!Emu oil may be a weird one, but it actually has a lot of properties, including moisturizing, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory ones. In addition, it’s non-comedogenic, so you know it won’t clog your pores and break you out. Win-win!
Just add a teaspoon of each oil and mix them together. Add the mixture into a little dropper and use it every night before bed.
To apply, simply squeeze a drop on your fingertips and massage the serum into your lash line. That will give your lashes plenty of time to soak up those good oils and benefit from them overnight. In a few weeks, you’ll be able to see just how long and strong your lashes become.
Eyelash Serum DIY Recipe #2. Moroccan Biotin Serum
Another secret ingredient when it comes to hair and lash growth is biotin. Here is how you can incorporate it into a DIY lash serum you can use every day:
- Biotin – shop it here! Biotin is the liquid of gods, and we’re not just saying that. It has incredible hair growth properties, not only in length, but also density and thickness. Biotin can make your lashes look incredible, and it’s also great for your hair and for your skin. All-in-1 miracle worker in a bottle!
- Argan oil –shop it here! For a few years, argan has been a major focus in hair and makeup products because of its many incredible properties. Nourishment via fatty acids, and hydration via vitamin E are just a couple of the benefits of including argan oil and why it’s a favorite among hair products. Especially for your lashes, which are so damaged by mascara, curlers, and false lashes, this can be a godsend.
It’s super easy to put this together. First, get an empty mascara tube or an old tube from an old eyebrow product. Make sure it’s clean. Mix up the oils together, pour them into the tube, and use the clean spoolie to apply the concoction on your lashes nightly. It will protect them and provide all the nourishment they need.
Eyelash Serum DIY Recipe #3. Coconut and Vitamin E Serum
Don’t want to be ordering more lash ingredients at the moment? No worries. You can even check in your pantry for ingredients for an excellent nourishing and repairing eyelash serum:
- Coconut oil – shop it here! You probably already have some coconut oil in your home, so you don’t even need to go far for this one. Coconut oil is incredibly rich and moisturizing, which is why it’s recommended for all kinds of DIY treatments, including for hair or skin.
- Vitamin E oil – shop it here! Vitamin E is another essential ingredient and valuable antioxidant. You can add it to any of these recipes if you want, to promote healthy lashes and help them benefit from the strength and nourishment that vitamin E provides.
Like with the other recipes, it’s as easy as mixing the oils together. However, this one comes with a caveat – because coconut oil is solid, and not liquid, you’ve got to make sure that the temperature is high enough for it to change viscosity.
It’s a good idea to warm it up between your hands for a bit before using it, or put it in your bra or under your armpit for a few minutes before using it.
Extra tip: The best part about all of these serums is that they’re multi-purpose. You can very well use any of these products on your eyebrows, in order to stimulate growth or just to maintain them thick, dense, and healthy.
As you can see, you don’t need to empty your wallet to give your lashes what they need. You just need to have a look around your pantry, and you’ll surely find some wonderful nourishing ingredients for a quick and easy eyelash repair serum!